Admissions & Records Frequently Asked Questions

What Does Pass (P) / No-Pass (NP) Mean?

Mt. San Antonio College offers several courses that may be taken for a letter grade (A, B, C, D, and F) or Pass/No-Pass. Upon registration students are signed up on a letter-grade basis. If a change is desired the student must declare his or her intent to be graded on a Pass/No-Pass basis. This change can be made via the student portal for up to the 1st 20% of the class. Between 20% and 30% of class time, the change can be made by completing the required form and submitting to the Office of Admissions and Records. Pass/No-Pass does not affect the student’s GPA and is not transferable to most institutions. If a student is unsure about taking a class for a grade or for Pass/No-Pass he or she should speak to a counselor in the Counseling Office. Pass/No-Pass is not the same as Non-Credit or Community Education classes.

Return to FAQ